Friday, July 4

Birthday Haul

Do you know what is one of the best things about birthdays? Books.
Books, books, BOOKS and more books. Every year I am graced with more and more fabulous paperbacks. I love the smell of their newness and the wonders that they posses. This year I was very lucky to get five new ones.
1984 - George Orwell
The Demon's Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan
The Poison Garden - Sarah Singleton
Never Let Me Go- Kazuo Ishiguro
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn 

I have absolutely no clue what they are about but at the same time I am really excited to read them all. Have you read any?
You should also know that my favourite animals are elephants. So that explains the card and my next present.

My dearest partner in greatness  sister gave me this lovely elephant. But what will I call it? ......Rosie? Like in Water for Elephants? Hmmm.....
Other family members gave me purple earrings and a birthstone necklace for my eighteenth. My eighteenth..... sounds weird! God, I am getting old... ^_^
Anyhoo, goodbye for now.
Marian ^_^



4 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back! I've missed you, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! It's good to be back ^_^ x

      Delete
  2. 1. Loving the fact that you are BACK and I can read your posts once more! I shall be commenting more as I work up through the archive (I was on holiday for a week so I have a backlog of posts to read).

    2. Happy birthday! I can't believe you're eighteen, I didn't know your age before, I assumed you were sixteen-ish ... I guess when you're reading a post you imagine the blogger being about your age. But of course, if you're sitting an exam called "the leaving cert", you *would* be the age to leave school .... ~slaps forehead~

    3. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! :3

    4. BOOKS! The only one of those I've read is 1984, but it is amazing!!!! So chilling .... fantastic book O.o I've heard of Never Let Me Go as Ruby from Feed Me Books Now said it was one of her favourite books. I've not read it, but I did recently buy from a charity shop another book by Kazuo Ishiguro, called When We Were Orphans.

    5. Nice elephant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. ^_^ thanks!!
      2. Thank you :)
      3. No bother :D
      4. Yay! I can't wait to read them all.
      5. ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^