Sunday, July 20

The Sunshine Award

You are my sunshine.... my only sunshine.... You make me haPPY... when skies are grey ♫ ♫

- sorry, that song just popped into my head.

I'd like give a very huge thank you to both Emily (Emily Etc.) and July (I Solemnly Swear I am up to no good) for nominating for this award. As it is my first award on my new blog I am very excited!!

The rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you
-Answer the questions
-Nominate other bloggers who you deem worthy
-Come up with some mind boggling questions for the new nominees
-Tell them that you nominated them.

First up Emily's questions.

1. Favourite book series?
That's easy. Harry Potter.

2. If you could say one thing to a large group of people what would it be?
......... ...... ...... stupefy.

3. What topic do your thoughts keep coming back to all the time?
hmmm..... That is a tough question. Either "I really need to do more blogging" or "I wonder if there is any cake left".

4.Share with us two great songs you've recently discovered and loved.
Gibson - Hermitage green
Sail- Awolnation
They are AMAZING!!! You should really listen to them. Tell me what you think!



You should also check out the piano cover of sail. i think it is the instrumental of both songs that makes me like them so much.

5. What is one food that you've never actually eaten more than a tiny bit of yet are convinced you hate?
Mushrooms, peppers, liver, kidney, prawns, pears, almonds, coconut, peanut butter... the list goes on.

6. If you could have dinner with three authors (living or dead), all at the same time, who would you pick?
Julia Child ( does writing a cookbook count?)
Jane Austen
John Green

7. What is the last a) book b) song c) TV show and d) film that have made you cry?
a) Looking for Alaska
b) The Colours of the Wind
c)
d) TFiOS

8. One book you loved until it had a terrible ending?
I think One Day or maybe Eleanor and Park.

9. What gives you comfort?
reading.

And now onto Juy's questions.

1. What is your favourite summer activity?
Cloud gazing with my cat on a blanket on the grass outside in the sun.

2. Would you prefer lemonade or soda?
Oh these American terms! I am going to pick Coke (soda). I don't like 7up (Lemonade).

3. Out of the following, which would you most enjoy visiting for the day - the beach,  the pool, the ocean, the swimming hole in the woods?
These all involve water! And what is the swimming hole in the woods. Firstly in Ireland it is far too cold to go to the beach/ocean. So I guess I'll go with pool.

4. What is your summer song?
In general or just this year? ..... Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys or Twist and Shout- The Beetles. 

5.  What is your opinion on old Disney movies?
They are the BEST! I don not consider the new ones "Disney". I absolutely love the original Disneys.  My favourite is Mulan  and Anastasia. I also love Beauty and the beast, Pocahontas and Peter Pan.

6. Would you eat cookies if I baked them?
hmm... this sounds like a trick question... I might get someone elso to take a bit first, just to make you sure you didn't poison them or worse-

7. If you could travel anywhere this summer vacation with no cost to you, where would it be, why and what would you do there?
I would go to orlando to visit the Harry Potter theme Park. Why? WHY? What kind of question is why? Because I am a Potter fanatic - duh! And then I would see everything there is to see and enrol myself in Hogwarts and go get my wand in Olivanders and ride the Knight Bus and go on the train and change my name to something to very magical and live happy ever after!

Okay, who shall I pick...


And Finally the new Questions.

1. What is your favourite colour (be specific)?
2. If you could live in a world from a book, which would you choose?
3. What are top 3 favourite places in the world?
4. Who was your first favourite singer/ band?
5. Pick a number any number?
6. Tell me three things on  your bucket list?
7. Are you a morning or night person?
8. What is the first thing that just popped into your head, right now?
*Wipes sweat from brow* whoof.
That took ages!
Marian ^_^

P.S. I am going away to Spain soon so I apologise in advance for my absence. Hopefully I will have a few posts scheduled.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the award! I'll be humming Sail for the rest of the day, though..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome ^_^
      .. oops! sorry about that. At least it is a very good song :)

      Delete
  2. MULAN! HARRY POTTER!! WOO YEAH *cue running around room, bumping into things*

    Anyway thanks for the award! I guess I *won't* nominate you this time around .... or else we'll get stuck in a terrifying never-ending cycle O.o

    ALSO, you should try pears. I used to think I didn't like them. But they are very nom. Also almonds ... ALMONDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I am a BIG FAN of that first song ... I think I'll have to listen to it again!!

      Delete
    2. You are welcome. Yes, that cycle would be diabolical *shivers*. Thanks for saving me from that affliction :)

      I guess I *could* like pears but almonds! REALLY? UGH! YUCKY!

      Yes! You MUST listen to it again! And again and again. Isn't it amazing!?

      Spain was brilliant, and horrendously hot! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Wait, wait, wait. You call lemonade "7up"??? That is sooo weird. Maybe you guys don't have American Lemonade because here 7up is another kind of soda. Strange ;P And I absolutely HATE to be the one to break it to you, but Anastasia is not Disney *sobs*

    What are you gonna be doing in Spain?? Can I tag along (haha)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least I think that's what lemonade is.... I'm not really sure to be honest *confusled face*

      WHAT! NO!! NOT ANASTASIA *dissolves into tears*

      Well I mainly eat, slept and swam and complained of the heat. Next year I'll smuggle you in the suitcase ;)

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^