Wednesday, July 16

The to-be-read List


I have this affliction whereby I keep buying too many books. I just can't help it. When I walk into a bookstore and see all these wonderful book spines piled on shelves I immediately feel the urge to buy more. This terrible beauty has left my piggy bank a little on the empty side. So now I have this humongus pile of books to be read! *not that I am complaining*

  • Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Northern Lights trilogy by Philip Pullman
  • Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
  • Witch and Wizard by James Patterson

  • Miss Peregrine's Home for peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson
  • A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
  • A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin



  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
  • The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennon
  • The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn





  • New Moan by Stephordy Mayo
  • Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
  • Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult
  • The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
  • Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
  • The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger


  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
  • Wicked by Gregory Maguire
  • Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  • United we Spy by Ally Carter
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  • The Poison Garden by Sarah Singleton
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Knife of Never letting Go by Patrick Ness
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David leuithan
  • The Girl who Kicked the hornet's Nest by Larsson
Happy Reading!
Marian ^_^

6 comments:

  1. So many books!! Out of those I have read: Inkheart, Wuthering Heights, 1984, The Bell Jar and Pride and Prejudice - they are all *amazing*!!! And I (specifically) *want* to read: The Catcher in the Rye, A Game of Thrones and Never Let Me Go.

    Happy reading! :D

    Ooh, and I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award! :)

    http://wishingiwasnorthern.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/sunshine-in-awards-if-not-in-weather.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! My first blog award. *dances around room*. Thank you so much Emily! ^_^

      I hope they all are amazing as everyone says they are. And yes, I particularly want to read A Game of Thrones and Never Let Me Go. I am expecting big things! ^_^

      Delete
  2. *cackles like a mad woman because her TBR pile is literally killing her slowly but surely*
    YOU HAVE SOME AWESOME BOOKS TO READ! The Fifth Wave!
    Some of these are on my TBR pile too including@ The Bell Jar, Wuthering Heights, The Catcher in The Rye and then some books I NEED TO GET MY HANDS ON like: The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden, Never Let Me Go, The Goldfinch and A Game of Thrones.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5th Wave - Really? I heard it was awful... hmm... now I really need to read it!
      Yeah, there is quite a lot of books there *strains neck to look at towering pile of books* ^_^

      Delete
  3. Oh my word! You MUST read The Knife of Never Letting Go..... It is probably one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Goodie! I absolutely can't wait to read that one. I hope it is as good as everyone says it is ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^