Wednesday, August 27

Journaling

Journaling is a hobby to me that is quite private. Everything I write, doodle, draw and sketch into my journals is honest and basically the raw truth. In a way when you open my journal you are opening a secret door into my mind. It is a bit like blogging but where I blog to "people" I only journal to "myself".
I have my fair share of these little books I like to call my journals. Some have specific intentions like my "travel diary", "everything I like journal", "drawings journal", "Ideas journal". As you can see I really like buying journals. Particularly the really unusual ones.

Today I am going to show you a few pages from my Journal that I draw in absentmindedly. It has no real purpose so you could find anything at all in here.

It's just a simple A5 sketchbook but it's great to carry around with me.
All I need is an inky pen and I'm happy!


I only started this notebook on the 22nd of August so this page shows my first doodlings.



On the second page i used my Calligraphy pen and ink to write my favourite lyrics from songs. There is lines from The best day of my life, Budapest, All the Others, Come on Eileen, Mulan, Under the sea, The Colours of the Wind, Hand in Hand, Don't you forget about me, Gibson, Teenage Dirtbag and Defying gravity.


On another page I wrote a poem by Emily Dickinson- "Hope is the thing with feathers-".  She is one of the few poets I actually enjoyed studying for the leaving Cert. this poem is really cute and easy to remember. I think it is about a bird. ...You know how you are never right or wrong when it comes to interpretation in English...


And then there is the eye...




Do you keep any journals?

Happy Wednesday!
Marian   ^_^

4 comments:

  1. It looks really cool! :)

    Your little comment message reminds me of the Marauders map from Harry Potter, lol. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, it kinda does look like the Maurauder's Map! That is so cool :D
      Thank you ^_^

      Delete
  2. Love this! I love the poems. I write poems in my scrapbook sometimes ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Yeah, some poems can have such powerful meanings that I like to write them down. ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^