Wednesday, December 31

December Wrap Up

First off, Merry Christmas to everyone and have a very happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that it is snowing wherever you are (unlike here..... hurry up and snow already!..) As they say on weheartit, it is page 364 of 365: make the most of it. Yeah, well, I'm just gonna snuggle up by the fire with a blanket and a book and maybe a cuppa tea. Best way to end 2014 don't you think?

I got into a mad fit of blogging at the start of December and if you want to reread any, here they are:
~ November Wrap Up
~ An Abundance of Katherines review
~ Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe
~ My Favourites = Music
~ Reading
~ My Christmas Wish List

Then as a year, here are the main highlights:

  • Did the Leaving Cert in June (final exams) and spent the previous months attempting to study but wasn't fooling anyone.
  • Turned 18 (age is just a number baby)
  • Started this blog! YAY! And said goodbye to the old one (he who must be named...shudder..)
  • Went to Paris. "Adventure is out there!"
  • Started College
  • In which case I had to talk to new people (stranger danger!)  and try to make friends (not my forte)
  • Got a scholarship - and now I have an internship as a software developer over the summer. If you know what that means PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
  • Got an email from JD Brewer asking me to review her book Intrepid (review very soon)
  • Won two giveaways on the same day from the lovely Sunny and Michelle
  • Surviving the year despite a lot of setbacks and difficulties.
I did do a lot more reading of other blogs this month and enjoyed some very good posts. But because I am lazy blogger and have no intention of pretending otherwise I'm just going to link the blogs I enjoyed without having to find the posts.

Happy New Year Bloggers!!!
All the best for 2015
Marian  ^_^

12 comments:

  1. You got an internship,congratulation!! *_*
    Software Developer!!I think you'll help debug codes and stuff test it on sample data etc :D
    That's brilliant!! I'm hoping to get a couple of internships this year :)
    Do tell the experience when you do it :)
    All the best :D
    Happy New Year!!
    And thank you very much for the mention you are very kind :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! ^_^ I can't believe it.
      Oh - okay. That doesn't sound too bad. (actually it sounds like a lot of fun :L ) WHOO! 3 months of coding :D
      Of course I will :)
      Happy New Year.
      You are very welcome ^_^

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Marian! :) Congratulations on surviving 2014, and may your 2015 be great as well!
    Dian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you ^_^ hehe... thanks. :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats! On the scholarship, turning 18, everything. AND YOU WENT TO PARIS. Was is pretty? I bet it was pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, a lot of things happened this year.
      PARIS WAS AMAZING! (but it also smelled of pee...) BUT SERIOUSLY - IT'S JUST---!
      Getting purposely lost in Paris was one of the coolest experiences I've had. (I ended up in a comic book store and then a bookshop).

      Delete
  4. YAYY! Sounds like you had an amazing 2014- here's to an even better 2015!! You went to Paris!? LUCKYY!! How was it?? Congratulations on all your acheivements- you should be very proud! Thank you SO much for including me in this list! *hugs* Happy New Year!!

    Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And the same to you.
      YEAH! It was so magical. I just love travelling. I saw *nearly* everything I wanted to see, met some pretty cool people and made a whole load of memories. Disney Land was the first thing I saw there and oh i just want to live there happily ever after!!!
      Haha, no bother, *hugs back*. ^_^ x

      Delete
  5. Congratulations dear! Such a lovely month you had, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! That's awesome that you were contacted by an author to review her book..... Wow, you're so special! Can't wait to read it :)
    - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you! I know - I couldn't believe it either! Intrepid is so amazing. Watch out for the review! ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^