Monday, May 4

April Wrap Up

April was exam month for me. It still is, I guess. I currently have two more exams left before Dobby will be Free!! XD Of course this would also happen to be the month that I decide to start blogging again. It's not like I had any study to be doing.... oh wait! :L
I did a huge amount of baking in the space of a week. I made chocolate cake, banana bread, cookies, red velvet cupcakes and oreo cookies. I'll post a few recipes when I get a chance. I've also been doodling, taking photos and flinging paint at paper ( not my sister - I swear! ).

Posts I did in April:





What I'll be reading in May:


(made with the help of Sunny's post)

Here's a (published!) poem by my friend Luke. Let me know what you think! 

Eve

 It stood shakily on the shore,
eyes gleaming ,dripping wet,
she blocked out the horizon no sun no more,
a spectre now stood where the sun will set.

 one stomp to fifty steps,
one leap to a hundred,
two final leaps of faith,
 two wings to reach her goal.

 A glistening metropolis lay untouched,
like ripe fruit for the picking,
she landed with a quake,
every man stood still as she shook.

 A beast amongst concrete monoliths,
surrounded by Human ambition,
built on the spoils of war and greed,
time to let loose
       toppling, turning,
            flipping,
                   and a spin.

the sand fell,bucket tipped,
playtime over,
toys away,
     Eve wandered in home,
 she really is a little monster.
    ~  by Luke Coffey

Goodbye April!
Marian  ^_^

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, I loved We Were Liars! Tell me what you think :) I'm also looking forward to All the Bright Places so I'll be waiting for that review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liked it? That's great to hear! I can't wait to read both of them. They just sound so brilliant ^_^

      Delete
  2. First: YOU MADE A GIF!!!! YAY!!! I'm so glad to see it work out for you! Looks great!

    Second: YOU'RE GOING TO READ TERRIER!!!! I LOVE THAT BOOK SO MUCH! Ahem.

    That was an exorbitant amount of exclamation marks, but I was excited about those two things. Can't wait to see what you think of Terrier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I know! The lighting changes as I took the photos though. So there is a slight error in the flow of it.
      YES! I hope I love it just as much as you do!!! XD

      That's okay!!!!!! Getting excited over books is nothing to be sorry for ^_^ I should have a review by the end of the month ( just don't hold me to that - I'm a slow reader)

      Delete
  3. I HOPE YOUR EXAMS ARE GOING WELL! I am two down now; four to go! Hitchhiker's Guide is absolutely fab. It is *hilarious*. I really really want to read We Were Liars, All the Bright Places and Never Let Me Go.

    That poem is actually beautiful. The first stanza is my favourite. "a spectre now stood where the sun will set."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FINISHED!! FREEDOM!! BUT THANK YOU ANYWAY! Good luck in yours too! ^_^ I was advised by my friend to read it, apparently it's his favourite book. I want to read them ALL!

      I know right! Luke says thank you very much. It is very beautiful. ^_^

      Delete
    2. AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you! English on Friday .... D:
      It's amazing. To be honest the series kinda peters out - you can practically track Adams' suffering from depression through the successive books - but they are all hilarious and it is in truth a top notch series.

      He is very welcome.

      Delete
    3. THANKS! XD
      Ugh... I liked English but exam - ew...!
      It sounds... interesting. I'm going to keep an open mind. I don't understand how many books there are :/ It says something on the cover about being a trilogy of four books...?! Like wha? Is it humour? I hope it's funny :L

      ^_^

      Delete
    4. Exam ew is about right. Learnt so much Gatsby today I can't--
      There are five books. The trilogy thing is a joke. The books are hilarious. There is also a sixth book called And Another Thing written by Eoin Colfer "in the style of", written after Adams' death. I have not read it and will not.

      Delete
    5. Oh Gatsby! i just adore that movie ^_^ and I *need* to read it.
      Yeah..... that joke is .... hilarious..... not. I guess I'll just have to read it to get it :L
      If it's by a different author than I wouldn't consider it part of the series and probably won't read it.

      Delete
    6. YES YOU DO IT'S SO GOOD I LOVE IT SO MUCH
      WHOA. Don't throw shade on Adams! XD
      I don't consider it a part of the series.

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^