Thursday, January 7

The Future Is Now


Over Christmas I started a new Art Journal. I aways have loads of journals on the go from writing diaries to travel scrapbooks. I will admit I have quite an obsession with notebooks and indeed stationary purchasing. I can’t help it okay?! I’m pretty sure it’s a disease. They have meetings for such things - Notebookers Anonymous. They sit around and make cards and other pretty things. 
I’m not the only one out there who enjoys to journal visually as well as wordly (… is that the word?…) One of my favourite bloggers Hawwa and her friend Areeba have started #OhJournalEtc [Click here for more info]. I’ve been following them on Instagram for a long while and absolutely love the arty journal pictures. So I want to show you the page I did inspired by their prompt “2016”





It’s been a week into the new year already. I have such dreams and plans to make it the best year possible. I want to, I will, I wish, I would, I dream. But that’s the thing - I keep putting things off to the future. I do it unconsciously. I don’t intentionally think “I don’t want to do that today”. Instead I’m making plans that I’m excited to do but the chances of me actually doing it are very slim. If I keep saying “I will”, when will that turn into “I am”? So my main goal this year is to live now. Why not? The Future is now!


I am going to do the things I want to do, now. Or at least do something that will help me achieve them. Maybe I want to go skydiving. Probably can’t do that now cause I have no parachute or a plane for that matter. But I could find out where I can do it, how much it is and maybe even book it! —If I’m feeling brave enough. 


I know that I want to be happy and successful. The question is what does that mean, how can I be successful? The truth is I don’t know. I’m not sure what I want to do with my life. I am in college studying something I’m not even sure I like. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. Perhaps it’s because it’s a lot of theory. I want to be out there making things, creating new ideas and using my mind to figure out things. 
I may not know everything I want to do in the future but I do know some things that I want to do now. And right now that is journal.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Marian ^_^

10 comments:

  1. Your art is so fabulous! I'm terrible at drawing, so I always envy people with amazing drawing skills.
    I definitely agree with you. I, too, tend to put things off to the future. But the future in now!!
    I love the idea of an art journal. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you Kat! That's so sweet of you.
      Yup, the Future is now!
      Journaling is one of my favourite hobbies! I love being creative. Thanks Kat! <3

      Delete
  2. I love your art journal! You inspire me to try that. I really like the idea of doing art is a journal format:)

    I too find myself putting things off. I say "I'll do that once I'm done school" or "I'll write that when I have more time". But you're right, the time is now! I hope 2016 will be a year of creativity:)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sunny! That's just made my day ^_^ you should definitely try it out sometime!

      Yus! 2016 is our year! Let the Creativity flow <3

      Thanks so much Sunny! And a Happy New Year ^_^

      Delete
  3. I love the art journal!! I wish I could do art, but I'm just not talented in that way, haha. How often do you use it?

    Also, I commend your inspiration to live in the moment. It's a great reminder for me :) If you end up going skydiving, you definitely have to let us know how the experience was!!

    Also, how have you been? I miss talking to you so much!
    - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank You! I journal whenever I have enough free time. So mainly when I have time off from college. It is so much fun!

      Thank you! I'm looking into sky diving, or bungee jumping but it looks terrifying!!

      I've been great but super busy. Time is flying! How are you July? ^_^

      Delete
  4. Marian my dear, happy new year! Happy February, at least.

    I love the pages. Is that a time-turner? Or something akin to one, anyway!

    I'm so glad you've made this resolve to, as it were, carpe diem! I'm going to a bit Pinterest-inspirational and remind you that you'll always regret the things you don't do, but the things you do do, you can learn from, and may well love. So it's always worth it!

    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily! Happy ... um ... *cough * March *cough* to you too! I think I might have missed February... oopsie daisy.

      Thank you! It was inspired by a time turner anyway ^_^ I'm not entirely sure what I was going for XD

      I had to google what "carpe diem" meant. But YES! Indeed! That is a lovely quote to remember. I find it rather inspiring. Thank you! ^_^

      Delete
  5. Ohmygosh how am I so late to this post?? Lmao I need to spend more time online >_<

    Anyway, this artwork is brilliant. Goals, dude. Goals. I'd love to start an art journal something.

    Anyway, here's to a great 2016!

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD no worries. If you think you need to spend more time online then I *really* need to get online.

      Thank you Amy! Oh you should totally make an Art Journal! I highly recommend!

      Happy New Year! ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^