Wednesday, January 4

Another Year Gone

 As Professor Dumbledore does say.

It’s funny how as I get older the years seem to get shorter. Today a year is merely 1/20th of my life. Whereas when I was 4, a year was a whole quarter of my life! It’s all about perspective.

Compared to this time a year ago, when I was planning for my year ahead, full of optimism and motivation, today I think back on 2016 and wonder “Have I achieved all what I set out to achieve?”. And of course the answer is no. But that doesn’t matter. What is important is that, I have my goals and that I am on my path to achieving them. (It’s my New Year’s post so of course I’m going to be cheesy :L )

 I’ve read a frightful amount of posts and articles all reflecting on 2016 and what a “horrible” year it has been. A lot of celebrities died, Brexit, Syria, Terrorism, Trump. I don’t like to dwell on the negative but I admit it has been a rather unfortunate year.
Personally my year was quite good. I travelled to London, Spain and Copenhagen. I attended college and worked for the summer. I read some good books and watched some great movies. I lived my life.


Now it's time to move on from last year and continue towards dreams. My aspirations this year will probably include trying to be a better person, a better friend and a better blogger. This year I'm going to be better.


Seeing as Dumbledore is my main inspiration for this post. I'll leave you with my favourite quote of his.
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."


Happy New Year!
Always, M

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I barely accomplished anything last year, except for not having a cold xD

    This year, I have started to bullet journal (but there aren't any bullet journals in Easons so plain notebooks will do xD). I'm finding that it's way easier for me to keep short term tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is pretty good going! I got sick almost every two months :(

      A Bullet Journal? That's so cool! I've seen lots about them on pinterest but I don't have my own and not really sure how or where to start. I'd appreciate any tips or advice!

      Thanks for stopping by! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Mine isn't so artsy. I just used the 1st two pages for the index and the third one for a 'task key'. After that I made a calendar for January on the next page.

      I don't have a future log or a monthly log. I just have tasks to complete for the month and also books to complete.

      I use a tick to show aims completed and > to show aims that have migrated. I use cursive writing for daily headings. Go to bulletjournal.com if you haven't already, to look up the most simple way to bullet journal.

      Also, I like this youtuber julia's bullet journal. here's the link:https://youtu.be/fRDq7aYc4GI

      Also, this youtuber's one: https://youtu.be/51yzv-QTz9Q

      and this: https://youtu.be/RavBAd3ICX4

      And lastly: https://youtu.be/D4CtJKU4xcY

      Happy Bullet Journalling!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Grace! That's very helpful, especially the videos. I'm going to try bullet journalling, but knowing me, I'll get lazy and stop after a couple of months. I just need to find the perfect journal. I collect notebooks so that shouldn't be to hard ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^