Monday, January 16

Books : 2017




My name is Marian and I am a bookaholic. It's gotten bad. I think my bookcase is suffering from a nervous breakdown. All my tbr books are piled on my bookcase ( there is actually no room in my bookcase ). So I decided to reorganise and take some pretty pictures of the books I (mostly) own and that I shall read in 2017 ( or in years to come )

1. Afterworlds
2. The Bone Season
3. Sinner
4. Linger
5. Shiver
6. The HithHiker's Guide to the Galaxy
7. Six of Crows
8. Daughter of Smoke and Bone

I call these my pretty books. They remind of the sky in summer. All blue and yellow. And I am just dying to read them (Particularly The Sky is Everywhere because I am MADLY IN LOVE WITH I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN!!! )  But I have priorities.
9. The Girl of Ink and Stars
10. The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
11. Never Let Me Go
12. This Book is Gay
13. Holding up the Universe
14. All the Bright Places
15.  The Sky is Everywhere

These are books I have been given to read. Well that's not entirely true. I was given the ebook of Intrepid and Vagabond and I read both of them ( and Loved them!! ) and I wanted to reread them but honestly I would have rather eat my cats disgusting smelly food than read another eBook. *but Marian, aren't you into technology? Don't you study Computer Science?* yeah well shut up. Paper for life! The lovely people at publicity services sent me the next Kitty Hawk books, which I am super excited. Not only are the stories great, the author is so lovely.
16. Intrepid
17. The Birth of Anarchy
18. Vagabond
19. Kitty Hawk and the Tragedy of the R.M.S. Titanic
20. Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces

These are my Classics. So absolutely beautiful and treasurable.

21. Little Women
22. Emma
23. The Great Gatsby
24. A portrait of the artist as a young man
25. Atonement
26. Catch-22
27. The Bell Jar
28. Fahrenheit 451

These books have been on my shelf for a long time. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. They look mainly like thrillers so that's probably why. Me and thrillers don't always see eye to eye.
29. The Poison Garden
30.The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden
31. Gone Girl
32. Running Girl
33. The Knife of Never Letting Go
34. She is Not Invisible
35. The Demon's Lexicon.
36. Miss Peregrine's Home for peculiar Children.

And these are the books I decided to put at the bottom of the pile. I'll read them once I read all the others. *Marian! How could you love books less than others?!* The issue with these books is that they are part of a series or I already know what happens.
37. All I Know Now
38. The Girl in the Spider's Web
39. Fantastic Beasts
40. Wicked
41. A Game of Thrones
42. The Hobbit
43. Quidditch Through the Ages
44. A Storm of Swords.

So there it is -  44 books. 356 days. Will I get them all done? ( last year I read a shamefully low number of 12 - I am a slow reader with very little spare time, okay! ) May the odds be ever in my favour :L

[make that 45 books, I just received The Vagina Monologues from my lovely boyfriend]

Have you read any of these? How long does it normally take you to read a book?

Happy Hunger Games!
Always, M

5 comments:

  1. I've actually only read 3 of these (the sky is everywhere, never let me go and this book is gay) but I loved all three. Good choices!
    I used to get through a book a week but now the majority of my reading's for uni, and cfs gives me major brain fog so reading is a struggle. Haven't finished a non-uni book since last March :( Hopefully this year will be better for reading ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am super excited for those three ^_^ it must be so hard not being able to read at leisure like you used to. I can't imagine what I'd do without books. The length of time it takes me to read a book is usually dependent on how much I like. Anywhere from 1 day to even a couple of months.
      I hope you will get back into reading too! <3

      Delete
    2. OH AND THANKS FOR FOLLOWING!!! <3 xxx

      Delete
  2. Woah! So many books! I'm a slow reader but I do try to finish a book in three days. Can't wait to read Six of Crows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's immense!! Three days?! Then you are definitely a fast reader! My sister got me Six of Crows for Christmas. Can't say for sure when I'll get around to it though ^_^

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^